The beginning of this year, I was reintroduced to Lindsay Olives, when I participated in Kitchen PLAY. Who knew that a foodie event, would open the door to new opportunities, but it did, and that opportunity lead me to this new recipe for Fish Fillets with Warm Tomato Olive Vinaigrette. This recipe is so good as well as easy to make and I have a feeling we will be enjoying it more often than not.
Last month Lindsay Olives approached me about doing some freelance work for them, styling and photographing some of their recipes, for their website. It was a lot of fun as Lindsay Olives let me pick which recipes were of interest (which was a very hard choice), and then I got to run with styling and shooting.
The first recipe I chose to photography is this healthy fish fillets with warm tomato olive vinaigrette recipe. I loved working with this recipe, for many reasons. One being it was visually appealing with the gorgeous red tomatoes next to the deep black olives. As well it was incredibly easy to make, which meant I had dinner on the table in no time. It is perfect for the working couple who wants a romantic dinner at home after a long day, or the rushed soccer mom who likes to feed her family a healthy meal.
The recipe suggests using a firm white fish, such as cod, orange roughy or snapper. I used true cod as I like the meaty texture and mild flavor. The warm vinaigrette is made with a mixture of Lindsay olives, sweet cherry tomatoes, fresh herbs and a splash of white wine vinegar to add some tang. I love how gently warming tomatoes release all their juices, creating a delicious sauce. The marriage of flavors between the olives and tomatoes goes very well with the creamy cod.
photo credit: denise woodward
Thank you for joining us at the Chez Us table; we love having you here.
Have you made this recipe? Please share what recipes you are enjoying from our site with us – we’d love to see them. Use the hashtag #chezuseats on social media channels, then we can pull a chair up to your virtual table and share with our friends.
Fish Fillets with Warm Tomato Olive Vinaigrette
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1-1/2 lbs. firm white fish fillets such as cod, snapper or orange roughy
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup halved Lindsay® Ripe Pitted Olives
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add fish; season with salt and pepper. Cook 3 to 4 minutes per side or until fish is opaque in center.
- Transfer fish to a serving plate; keep warm.
- Add remaining 2 tablespoons oil and garlic to pan; stir until fragrant.
- Add remaining ingredients except for parsley; stir until heated through, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Spoon mixture over fish; top with parsley.
Disclosure: Lindsay Olives supplied me with their products and compensated me for shooting this project;, but did not require me to write about it.