This recipe for Quick and Easy Festive Flatbread is a quick dinner recipe, and it is so flavorful. It will please even the pickiest eaters. The is another recipe that I recently developed for Old El Paso. This flatbread is smothered with spicy enchilada sauce, traditional re-fried beans and loads of fresh veggies yellow corn, spicy jalapeños, and slivers of red onion. And of course avocado! I liked the play with the spicy enchilada sauce and crispy kernels of corn, as it is very refreshing.
This recipe for festive flatbread would make a great mid-week dinner when you are tired or in a hurry to just relax. It is so easy, and quick to make, I had dinner on the table within 30 minutes. Simply add a crisp salad alongside to make a complete meal.
Thank you for joining us at the Chez Us table; we love having you here.
Have you made this recipe? Please share what recipes you are enjoying from our site with us – we’d love to see them. Use the hashtag #chezuseats on social media channels, then we can pull a chair up to your virtual table and share with our friends.
Quick and Easy Festive Flatbread
- 1/2 recipe of pre-made pizza dough
- handful all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup enchilada sauce, mild or hot
- 1 can old El Paso traditional refried beans
- 1 small zucchini
- 1/2 cup yellow corn
- 1/8 cup red onion slices, thinly sliced
- 1 small jalapeño, sliced thinly
- 1/8 cup minced cilantro
- 1 small avocado, thinly sliced
- Heat oven to 425.
- Preheat stovetop griddle over medium flame.
- Place the refried beans into a small heavy-bottomed saucepan. Stir to mix well. Gently heat over low heat until heated through. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Sprinkle a handful of flour on the kitchen counter. Roll pizza dough into a rectangle large enough to fit on the griddle.
- Place the dough on the griddle over medium heat. Cook for 3 minutes, then flip and cook another 3 minutes. Remove from the heat, place on the cookie sheet.
- While the dough is on the griddle prepare your other ingredients.
- Using a vegetable peeler make ribbons out of the zucchini. Thinly slice red onion, jalapeño, and avocado. Mince the cilantro.
- Use a spatula to spread the enchilada sauce over the partially cooked pizza dough.
- Top the dough with the refried beans.
- Scatter the zucchini ribbons, corn and red onions over the top of the refried beans.
- Place in the oven. Set the timer for 6 minutes and cook.
- At the end of 6 minutes, do not remove the flatbread from the oven. Instead, scatter the jalapeños over the top of the flatbread.
- Set the timer for another 6 minutes and continue to cook.
- Remove from the oven.
- Sprinkle the cilantro over the top of the flatbread, then top with the avocado slices.
- Cut into serving pieces.