Super easy weeknight recipe for Pasta with Olives, Goat Cheese, and Garlic Chips. Pasta is tossed with good olive oil, goat cheese, olives, and fresh herbs.
We had some leftover olives and goat cheese from our dinner with Stephen. Instead of eating it or tossing it out, I tucked it away in the fridge, to do something with. Last week we had a late evening at work and gym and this hidden treasure came in perfectly.
The olives were seasoned perfectly with fresh herbs and lemon zest, all that was left was a tad bit more seasoning. I love browned garlic over a fresh steamy bowl of pasta, so I decided to thinly slice some garlic and make garlic chips. I gently cooked them with olive oil and a few red pepper flakes. While the garlic was cooking I cooked some pasta. One the pasta was finished all I had to do was drain it, toss in the leftover olives and goat cheese, sprinkle the garlic chips over and give the dish a light drizzle of good olive oil ~ a quick, easy and incredibly tasty dinner in under 20 minutes! The combination of the tangy but creamy goat cheese went very well with the fresh lemon zest, the salty olives, and the spicy red pepper.
Thank you for joining us at the Chez Us table; we love having you here.
Have you made this recipe? Please share what recipes you are enjoying from our site with us – we’d love to see them. Use the hashtag #chezuseats on social media channels, then we can pull a chair up to your virtual table and share with our friends.
Pasta with Olives, Goat Cheese, and Garlic Chips
- 2 oz mixed olives
- a handful of fresh herbs – we used rosemary and thyme
- lemon zest
- 2 cloves of garlic, thinly sliced
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- good olive oil
- Cook pasta according to directions, reserve about 1/4 cup of cooking liquid.
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan and cook garlic with red pepper flakes until crispy and golden brown.
- Toss pasta with reserved cooking liquid, olives, goat cheese, herbs, crispy garlic and then drizzle over a small amount of good olive oil.