True story. I made this recipe on Sunday to photograph and I ate one egg. Lenny literally ate ten of these spicy breakfast deviled eggs in almost one sitting. Okay, they were halves which really means five whole eggs. He kept shoving them into his mouth saying, “these are so good.” It is like a feast or famine around our house at times.
I decided with Easter around the corner I should share this old recipe with you sooner than later. I have been making this twist on a classic deviled egg for almost as long as it has been since I posted my classic recipe. We love this recipe as it combines the rich and creamy yolks along with salty bacon and spicy harissa. This recipe makes for a quick and fun breakfast treat.
Thank you for joining us at the Chez Us table; we love having you here.
Spicy Breakfast Deviled Eggs
- 6 perfect hard-boiled eggs
- 3 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 3 strips of bacon cooked really crispy and crumbled into small pieces
- 1 teaspoon chives, minced
- kosher salt, to taste
- harissa flakes, garnish
- Cut the eggs in half and gently scoop the yolk into a small bowl.
- Add the mayonnaise, mustard, 2 of the strips of bacon, and the chives. Mix with a fork until combined. Season to taste with salt.
- Scoop back into the egg whites using a small teaspoon. I found pipping difficult because of the crumbles of bacon.
- Garnish the top of each egg with the remaining strip of crumbled bacon along with a sprinkle of harissa.