When we met Kita we instantly thought of her as this spunky gal, who get’s it all done, the kind of girl that us 40+s, kind of wish we were. You know, good at cooking, girly things and can hit the trails with the guys. Kita is another friendship that came from attending MIXED CON, and she has two killer food sites. One is called Pass the Sushi, which is all about food from sweet to savory, and the other is Girl Carnivore, which is about getting the girls into the kitchen to play with all things meat; think lots of grilling ladies! When Kita is not kicking butt in the kitchen, she can be found out in the mountains hitting mountain biking trails, as well as designing websites and shooting weddings. You can find Kita on Twitter, Facebook, Flickr, Instagram, Pinterest, and G+.
Since meeting the energetic tag team of Chez Us in November of 2012 at Mixed Con in Virginia, I have fallen wildly in love with the clean crisp food photo styling and energetic personalities behind the scenes. They invite you in and make you feel like a comfortable friend returning to a familiar cozy chair before dinner. Something rare and hard to find on the fast ever-evolving world of social media and internet blogs these days.
And yet, here I find myself, reading my own kitchen to prepare a meal for Lenny and Denise and just like a seat at their table, I feel welcome and appreciated. Normally, I would be nervous to guest post. I fear my personality may not fit with the new crowd, my photos may not live up to expectations, my recipe may disappoint… but I am calm and happy. Ready to share a bottle of wine and some great food with friends, old and new. Welcome to Taco Tuesday, have a seat.
Thank you for joining us at the Chez Us table; we love having you here.
Have you made this recipe? Please share what recipes you are enjoying from our site with us – we’d love to see them. Use the hashtag #chezuseats on social media channels, then we can pull a chair up to your virtual table and share with our friends.
Grilled Mango Chicken Sausage with Avocado Corn Salad and Chipotle Cream
- 1 lb mango chicken sausage
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 3 to 4 ears fresh corn
- ½ red onion, minced
- 1 small Anaheim chile, stemmed and seeded, minced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tbs honey
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 2 tbs olive oil
- Kosher salt and pepper
- ¼ teas red pepper flakes
- Corn tortillas
- 2 – 3 tbs adobo sauce from a can
- ½ cup sour cream
- Fresh cilantro
- Preheat the grill and clean grate.
- Grill the chicken sausage until cooked through and juiced run clear. Wrap in aluminum foil and allow to rest.
- Meanwhile, remove the husks from the corn and grill quickly, 3 to 5 minutes a side, allowing the kernels to become lightly toasted. Remove from grill and allow to cool until safe to handle.
- Scrape the kernels from the cob in a large bowl. Toss with the red onion, chili, avocado, and garlic clove.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the honey, lime juice, and red pepper flakes. Toss the corn salad with the lime dressing and allow to mingle for a few moments for flavors to develop. (You can make this a few hours ahead if you like and store in the refrigerator until ready to serve).
- Meanwhile, whisk the sour cream and adobo sauce together and add some fresh cilantro.
- Toast the tortillas on the grill until warm. Slice the sausage and serve with corn salad, warm tortillas, and chipotle cream. Garnish with fresh lime wedges, if desired.
** My boyfriend’s mom gave me a version of this avocado corn salad from a friend, however, after a check on the internet, I think I found the recipe source: For the Love of Cooking.