I enjoy being part of the Food Network seasonal food blogger gatherings but have not had a chance to participate in a long time. Summer is definitely one of my favorite seasons for cooking, and I knew I had to sneak at least one recipe in before we slide into a season of squash and comfort foods. Here is our new favorite baked potato salad recipe which would be great for any of your summer soirees.
Potato salad has been on my mind for a few weeks now. I blame it for planning a weekend of camping for Lenny’s birthday. I had hopes of making a big batch, and bringing it along but last minute I decided to wait. As soon as we got home, I got back in the kitchen and whipped up a batch.
I LOVE potato salad, all that creamy goodness mashed in with one of my favorite foods. For this potato salad recipe, I wanted to change things around from how I normally make a potato salad. I had seen a few recipes floating around for a loaded baked potato salad, and decided to play around with that idea. I baked the potatoes instead of boiling them, which was a genius ideas as there is no added moisture in the salad. The dressing is loaded with everything that should be placed in a baked potato; sour cream, chives, green onions and lots of crispy bacon.
For more potato salad inspiration, check out the recipes these delicious food bloggers made.
The Heritage Cook: French Potato Salad with Haricot Vert (Gluten-Free)
Weelicious: Blue and White Potato Salad
Napa Farmhouse 1885: Mom’s Potato Salad (the Best Ever!)
Red or Green: Spicy Potato Salad with Jalapeno and Vinegar Vinaigrette
Feed Me Phoebe: Healthy Greek Potato Salad
Elephants and the Coconut Trees: Creamy Potato Salad with Mint
In Jennie’s Kitchen: Warm Smashed Roasted Potato Salad
FN Dish: 10 New Ways to Do Up Potato Salad
Domesticate Me: Warm Roasted Potato Salad with Pancetta, Sun-Dried Tomatoes and Arugula
Thank you for joining us at the Chez Us table; we love having you here.
Have you made this recipe? Please share what recipes you are enjoying from our site with us – we’d love to see them. Use the hashtag #chezuseats on social media channels, then we can pull a chair up to your virtual table and share with our friends.
Baked Potato Salad
** serves 4 – 6 people, depending on their appetites
- 2 pounds russet potatoes, washed, dried and pricked all over with a fork
- 2 tablespoons red vinegar
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chives, finely minced
- 5 green onions, finely diced
- 8 strips bacon, cut into small dice
- Preheat the oven to 425. Wrap the potatoes in foil, and place into the oven, and bake for 45 – 55 minutes. You will them a little firm but still soft. Not mushy.
- Unwrap the potatoes, set aside and let them cool.
- While the potatoes are baking, cook the bacon until crispy. Place on a paper towel to remove any extra fat.
- In a small bowl mix together the vinegar, mayo, sour cream, chives, and onions. Set aside.
- Cut the potatoes into small pieces, place into a serving bowl and then mix in the dressing and half of the bacon.
- Garnish with rest of the bacon.