Are you licking the screen as much as we were when we received this post about Caribbean Chicken Tacos? OMG, we cannot wait to make this recipe, simple, flavorful and gorgeous! We are pleased to introduce you to Matt. I virtually met Matt Robinson when I noticed this “Real Food by Dad” reading Chez Us. What a
dad man that cooks and blogs about easy, kid-friendly and absolutely gorgeous food, I had to check out his site. Then I felt like I was living under a rock, he was the other half to another very talented food blogger I admired, Naomi of Bakers Royale. Seems like the perfect duo – sweet and savory! Since, I have become a regular reader of Real Food by Dad, and love his simple and fresh meals; lucky family! You can find Matt on Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, Instagram and G+.
There is no greater compliment than when the author of a blog I enjoy asks me to guest post.
When Denise asked me to share a taco recipe for Taco Tuesday, I knew exactly what kind I would make, Caribbean Chicken Tacos.
In my home, tacos are a regular thing, we must have about half a dozen or more variations. But these are my favorite, it’s hard for me to past up the flavors in this—maybe it’s the molasses, the ginger, the distinct Jamaican Allspice, or the slight spiciness of the habanero, or the citrus tang of the lime—oh, heck, it’s the combination of it all. And of course, there’s the mango and cilantro salsa that perfectly rounds out every bite.
These are super easy to make, and since it comes together in less than 30 minutes, you can definitely bookmark this for a weeknight dinner. How’s that for fast and easy?
Thank you for joining us at the Chez Us table; we love having you here.
Have you made this recipe? Please share what recipes you are enjoying from our site with us – we’d love to see them. Use the hashtag #chezuseats on social media channels, then we can pull a chair up to your virtual table and share with our friends.
Caribbean Chicken Tacos
- 1 habanero
- 3 scallions, coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1-inch ginger, cut into quarters
- ¼ cup oil
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoon Jamaican Allspice
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- ¼ cardamom
- 2 lbs. chicken breast
Mango Cilantro Salsa
- 2 mangos, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
To prepare Caribbean chicken:
- Place all ingredients except for the chicken in a food processor and process until smooth.
- Pierce chicken with a fork to create little holes. Transfer marinade and chicken into a plastic bag and seal. Rub marinade into chicken.
- Refrigerate for at least 24 hours.
- Grill for 4-5 minutes on each side, or until thickest part of chicken reads 165 degrees F on an instant-read thermometer.
- Alternately, you can bake the chicken in the oven at 350 degrees for about 20-25 minutes or until thickest part of the chicken reads 165 degrees on an instant-read thermometer.
To prepare Mango Cilantro Salsa:
Place all ingredients in a bowl and mix to combine.