I make the best banana bread ever and have been making the same recipe for over seventeen years. This recipe for coconut banana bread is just as amazing as my everyday banana bread recipe but it has coconut flair added.
This recipe came about last year while. I was cleaning out the kitchen before a long trip. I had sad-looking bananas that needed to be used and I found some lonely coconut in the pantry. BAM, killer coconut banana bread in no time.
March has been a strange month. Is anyone else having a hard time with the time change? I cannot shake it this year, and usually, it isn’t a problem for me. I can barely focus on work, the house, or personal projects. Making this bread was even a challenge. Those sad bananas were extra sad this time around. Which was kind of a good thing as the flavor of banana was intense but delicious.
I had all intentions of having three new recipes shot last week and ready to share. Due to the slump, I have been in I only have this comforting coconut banana bread recipe to share with you. I hope you are having a better March, so far, and I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do.
Recipe: Coconut Banana Bread
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, plus a little extra to butter the pan
- 8 ounces cream cheese – whole fat
- 1 cup sugar – I have used unrefined as well as brown
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 very ripe bananas
- 1 cup toasted unseated coconut shreds – a little extra to garnish the top
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper and lightly butter the sides of the pan.
- Sift or whisk, the dry ingredients together in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the butter to a large mixing bowl and beat until soft; about 2 minutes. Add the cream cheese and sugar, then mix together on medium speed for about 2 more minutes.
- Add the egg, vanilla, and bananas. Mix well.
- Add the flour to the mixture and mix until combined.
- Fold in the coconut.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan and lightly cover the top with some extra coconut.
- Bake 45 – 60 minutes. Each oven is different as well as altitudes. I start testing at 45 minutes and work up. You want the bread to be golden brown and when a toothpick or knife is poked into the center it should come out clean.
- Let cool for 15 minutes at least.
More delicious Quick Banana Bread Recipes