Are you hungry for the best banana bread recipe? Our Super Moist Chocolate Chip Banana Bread is the best. You can stop looking any further as this recipe will blow you away. It is so moist and flavorful. Not to mention chocolatey. You are going to want to wrap your arms around the entire loaf and not share it at all.
I have been trying not to have baked goods around the house that often, and have been pretty good about it. The past month has been hard with everything that is going on in the world, then the fires started raging through Northern California and everything escalated being closer to home. It is tough, waking up everyday to a zillion BBC notices on my phone with something new and often scarier hitting the news. On top of it, Lenny is back East all week, and I am home with my thoughts. While I am keeping busy and there is never a shortage of things to do or people to catch up with; the mind wanders. I decided to bake. To bake comfort and to surprise a special someone with a package of love.
Guess what? I figured out a way to ripen bananas faster for when the urge to bake banana bread hits. You never know what that may be! Super simple – preheat the oven to 300, line a baking sheet with foil, lay the bananas on it and then place into the oven for 35 minutes. The bananas will turn black so don’t freak out. Remove from the oven, let cool and then peel. Voila! Ripe bananas in no time.
Lenny calls this recipe for Super Moist Chocolate Chip Banana Bread dessert. I call it Banana Bread. Either way, it is super moist and flavorful. Just the right amount of bananas and chocolate. I hope you enjoy a slice or two of this comfort as much as we do when it is around the house.
Thank you for joining us at the Chez Us table; we love having you here.
Have you made this recipe? Please share what recipes you are enjoying from our site with us – we’d love to see them. Use the hashtag #chezuseats and then we can pull a chair up to your virtual table!
Super Moist Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
** makes one super big loaf or two smaller loaves
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of kosher salt
- 1/2 cup coconut oil or unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup of cream cheese
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 3 medium-sized bananas
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup of chocolate chips – we like bittersweet
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spray loaf pans with baking spray and line with parchment paper.
- Sift the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt together. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the coconut oil (or butter), sour cream and cream cheese together for 2 minutes.
- Add the sugar and mix at medium speed for 3 minutes.
- Add the egg, bananas, and vanilla, mix well.
- Toss in the dry ingredients and just mix until combined; about 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour into the loaf pan.
- Bake for 45 – 55 minutes, until golden brown. Each oven is different as well I find each baking pan is different. I start checking at 30 minutes and then increase from there. Smaller pans sometimes take 30 minutes, and sometimes 45 minutes. A knife will come out clean (minus some chocolate) when you slide into the middle of the loaf.
- Let cool for 15 minutes.