Wanted to share a very fun event that we will be speaking at in October, it is the MIXED Conference in Houston. Our first MIXED experience was three years ago, and we had such a great time that we kept going back. What do we like about this conference? The intimate and fun-loving atmosphere that resonates throughout the weekend. The amazing attendees who attend and are eager to learn new things. And the relationships that are formed from each MIXED Conference have been outstanding.
Being in the conference capture business, we attend a lot of events, and we always hear that the best part is the socializing. While we could not agree more, and we enjoy that part of MIXED; I have to say that the speakers, as well as the sponsors, are always top-notch at MIXED. We always look forward to learning about what they are each doing, and how they do it! This year, we will be speaking about how to shoot easily food videos for your sites, YouTube Channels as well as for brands. Yes, more and more brands are beginning to ask this of bloggers, and we are sharing tips and tricks to make it easy of you to join in. In addition to our presentation rest of the sessions are stellar as well, just take a look!
Check out this amazing list:
- TAMI HARDEMAN-BOUTTE of Running with Tweezers – Food Styling
- HELENE DUJARDIN of Tartelette – Food Photography
- LENNY FERREIRA & DENISE WOODWARD of Chez Us – Videography.
- SUSAN WENNER JACKSON is the VP of content partnerships for Ahalogy – Susan will share specific winning strategies and data insights from Ahalogy for promoting food-related content on Pinterest, such as when particular ingredients and flavors are trending. Find out the latest tips and best practices for food bloggers to make the most of Pinterest and grow your audience. Susan will be available outside of her session for complimentary individual/small group Pinterest consultations upon request.
- KIM O’QUINN of Storyteller Communications – Panel on Working with Brands
- MEREDITH STEELE of MeredithBondSteele and In Sock Monkey Slippers – DIY Demonstration – Learn about different backdrop surfaces for your photography and how to make your own painted, distressed backdrop boards.
- CHEF EDDY VAN DAMME – Corporate chef for Imperial Sugar and Dixie Crystals. DIY Demonstration on how to add flair to your desserts.
Now if that was not enough to get you excited, did I mention the location? This year’s MIXED Conference will be held in Houston, Texas at the Woodlands Resort and Conference Center. Have you been? We haven’t but were recently talking to a contact with brand who will be there and she raved about how great this resort was, from food and drink to activities. Look at this waterslide – guess we are bringing our suits!
We want two of our readers to come join all the conference fun, October 2 -4, 2015; so we are giving away two tickets to two readers (one ticket per person). The tickets do not include any travel, hotel and incidentals, that will be on our own, and you must be at least 18 years old. AS well, if you already have tickets there are no-refunds – this give away is for folks who do not already have tickets. Thanks!
- ALL Meals, beginning with Dinner on Friday – Breakfast Sunday
- All Parties
- SWAG bag
All you need to do is leave a comment below with a valid email address, and we will pick a winner on Monday, September 14, 2015!