Hay Hay it’s Donna Day is back after a short but sweet summer break. The past couple weeks I have been tweeting and asking, what do you want. Sweet? Savory? Everyone came back with savory. Savory it is. I picked an easy and delicious spicy chicken dish with pumpkin. Vegetarians – let’s see your take on this recipe, maybe a little tofu or just an extra dose of pumpkin? Don’t have pumpkin available in your part of the world, maybe add some butternut squash or kabocha?
Thank you for joining us at the Chez Us table; we love having you here.
Have you made this recipe? Please share what recipes you are enjoying from our site with us – we’d love to see them. Use the hashtag #chezuseats on social media channels, then we can pull a chair up to your virtual table and share with our friends.
Spicy Chicken, Pumpkin and Roasted Garlic Rice
88 serves 4
- 2 x 200g chicken breast fillets, skin on
- 350g pumpkin, peeled and chopped
- 1 head garlic, cloves separated
- 2tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- 2cups cooked brown rice
- 1 cup torn basil leaves
- ¼ cup (60ml) white wine vinegar
- 2tablespoons olive oil, extra
- Preheat oven to 220ºC (425ºF).
- Place the chicken, pumpkin, garlic, olive oil and chili on a baking tray and toss to combine.
- Roast for 20 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
- Squeeze the garlic from the skins and place in a bowl with the pumpkin, rice, basil, vinegar, and extra olive oil.
- Mix well to combine.
- Slice the chicken and serve with the rice.