Remember the package David of Earthy Delights sent us? It is the package that keeps giving! Every time, I start to use something new, I just smile, as it is always so much fun. This time was no exception. David was so kind to include this culinary must have, Aged Black Garlic. I thought it would go really well with a simple stir-fry of shrimp with rice noodles (gluten-free), so I whipped up this recipe for Black Garlic Stir Fry Shrimp.
The depth and the sweetness of the garlic added a very intense flavor to the dish, almost syrupy. For veggies, I used what was on hand, celery, carrots and green onions and I only cooked them until they were slightly warmed through and still crunchy. The noodles added a nice silky texture to tie the dish together.
Thank you for joining us at the Chez Us table; we love having you here.
Have you made this recipe? Please share what recipes you are enjoying from our site with us – we’d love to see them. Use the hashtag #chezuseats on social media channels, then we can pull a chair up to your virtual table and share with our friends.
Aged Black Garlic Stir Fry Shrimp
- 1 lb peeled and deveined shrimp
- 4 celery ribs, sliced thinly at a slant
- 4 green onions, sliced thinly at a slant
- 2 carrots, sliced thinly at a slant
- 1 head of aged black garlic, peeled and sliced thinly
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 package rice noodles, soak for 8 – 10 minutes, drain well
- 1/8 cup sesame oil
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons mirin wine
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- Make the sauce, by combining sesame oil, soy sauce, sugar, mirin wine, and ginger, stir and set aside.
- Heat 1/2 of the oil in a wok or deep dish saucepan until very hot, add shrimp, cook until pink, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Add rest of the oil, garlic, onions, celery, and carrots and stir-fry for about 10 minutes, until warmed but still crispy. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Add noodles to the pan and stir-fry for about 3 minutes, add sauce, veggies and shrimp and warm for about 3 minutes.