Are you an Easter lamb or ham person? I can go both ways but really love springtime lamb. This recipe for Slow Roasted Boneless Leg of Lamb is so good as well as easy to make.
I always prefer to slow roast a larger cut of meat such as this boneless leg of lamb as I find the meat is more tender as well as flavorful. I usually stuff the meat with cloves of garlic, but this recipe I made a bed out of the oregano, garlic, and lemons, then I laid the meat on top of it. The aromatics slowly permeated the meat while roasting, giving it a wonderful flavorful experience.
The meat is so flavorful that you want simple side dishes to serve with it. A big green salad with fresh herbs is really lovely. I served creamy potato au gratin alongside this the roasted leg of lamb and it was wonderful. This would make for a lovely Easter lunch or dinner.
Thank you for joining us at the Chez Us table; we love having you here.
Have you made this recipe? Please share what recipes you are enjoying from our site with us – we’d love to see them. Use the hashtag #chezuseats on social media channels, then we can pull a chair up to your virtual table and share with our friends.
Slow Roasted Boneless Leg of Lamb
- 2 bunches fresh oregano
- 1 whole head of garlic
- 2 lemons, cut into halves
- olive oil
- kosher salt
- black pepper
- 4 – 5 pound boneless leg of lamb
- 1/8 cup of water
- Take the meat out of the refrigerator 30 – 60 minutes before cooking to bring to room temperature. The meat will cook more evenly brought to room temperature instead of being ice cold.
- Preheat the oven to 325.
- In a baking dish large enough to hold the lamb, lightly drizzle with some olive oil. Break up the garlic and scatter over the bottom of the baking dish, then top with the oregano.
- Lightly salt the lamb with kosher salt, then place on top of the herbs, and sprinkle with some pepper.
- Squeeze two of the lemon halves over the top of the lamb and then place all four halves around the lamb. Pour the water into the baking dish.
- Slide into the oven and let roast until the internal temperature is 135 for medium rare. I roast for 60 minutes, check the temperature and then continue roasting until it reaches 135. I check every 30 minutes.
- Take the meat out of the oven and let rest 10 minutes before slicing.