We are really excited to share this fun(gi) news, that we are 2014 Mushroom Channel Ambassadors, along with some other talented food bloggers. We all share the love of all things mushroom. First off, we cannot wait for you to try out this recipe for Chipotle Mushroom Tacos.
To kick off our first posting with the Mushroom Channel, we made these slightly spicy and smokey Chipotle Mushroom Tacos. We replaced ground meat with finely mincing healthy for your mushrooms, and loaded them up with lots of extra flavors that compliments their earthy goodness. Wait until you try out this recipe!
Thank you for joining us at the Chez Us table; we love having you here.
Have you made this recipe? Please share what recipes you are enjoying from our site with us – we’d love to see them. Use the hashtag #chezuseats on social media channels, then we can pull a chair up to your virtual table and share with our friends.
Chipotle Mushroom Tacos
- 1 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 10 medium crimini mushrooms
- 1 large portabella mushroom
- 2 large canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce from the peppers
- 1 teaspoon salt
- corn tortillas
- feta cheese
- In a large frying pan over medium heat, pour in the olive oil.
- Add the onion, stir and lower the heat. Continue cooking the onion until soft, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut half of the crimini and portobella mushrooms into slices.
- Using a food processor, chop the remaining crimini mushrooms and set aside.
- Add the garlic, chipotle peppers and adobo sauce to the onion mixture. Stir and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the mushroom slices, stir and continue cooking over low heat for 10 minutes.
- Add the chopped mushrooms, stir and cook for another 4 minutes. Season to taste with salt.
- To serve, place some of the mushroom mixture onto a tortilla, and top with some
**Disclaimer: This post is a collaboration between the Mushroom Channel and Chez Us. All content and photos are my own and were not influenced by other parties. We appreciate our readers supporting sponsors that allow us to create exciting content for Chez Us.