I made this amazing grilled pineapple salsa to serve with pork tenderloin over the weekend. It is good, and such an easy recipe. Grilling the ingredients adds a great smokey depth to the salsa. I got the idea from a grilled peach salsa I made last year.
This salsa recipe would be a great addition to serve with pork or even chicken. Summer food! I really enjoyed how the ingredients slightly caramelized before adding the spicy punch of smokey jalapenos. is a great addition.
If you have not tried grilling fruit, give it a whirl this summer. You will be pleasantly suprirsed!
Grilled Pineapple Salsa
- fresh pineapple cut into ½” in rings
- ½ jalapeño
- ½ red onion, cut into quarters
- ½ cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- Heat your BBQ according to the directions. Or heat a stove-top grill over medium-high heat.
- Place the pineapple rings, jalapeño, and red onion onto the hot grill.
- Grill for 3 minutes; flip over, and repeat. Only grill until you have grill marks.
- You do not want to over-cook, they should still be slightly crunchy.
- This process is meant to give them a nice smokey flavor. Let cool.
- Roughly chop and mix together in a bowl.
- Sprinkle the salt and cilantro over the top, lightly toss.
- Set aside at least 30 minutes to let the flavors mingle.
- Serve with your favorite grilled meat or tortilla chips.