We have brought camping indoors with this fun recipe for S’more Brownies, another creation that was developed by Moi for Betty Crocker. Betty Crocker has another sinful new product, which is S’more inspired. It is their creamy, and chocolaty frosting S’mores Premium Frosting, and it is spoonful worthy. Really, I could not stop eating it by the spoonfuls as I pondered what to develop. What I really liked about this frosting is that is comes with a little packet of graham cracker crumbs, which is too fun, and it saved me a step of having to crunch my own.
This brownie recipe is not only loaded with chocolate goodness by using Betty Crocker Fudge Brownie mix, in addition to the creamy frosting, but I also added marshmallows to the mix. Not only marshmallows but toasted ones. Toasting the marshmallows before mixing in with the batter gave the finished brownies that sitting around the camp fire feeling I was after with this recipe. This S’more Brownie recipe is gooey fun, and ultra moist.
Wouldn’t this be a fun brownie to serve at your child’s next sleepover when sleeping outside is not an option? Definitely a fun way to bring camping indoors!
Recipe: S’more Brownies
- 1 box Betty Crocker Fudge Brownies
- 1/4 cup water
- 2/3 vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups of small marshmallows
- 1 16 ounce container Betty Crocker S’mores Premium Frosting
- Preheat the oven to broil.
- Scatter 1 cup of marshmallows on a cookie sheet lined with foil.
- Lightly toast the marshmallows until golden brown, about 2 minutes. Set aside.
- Lower the heat of the oven to 350.
- Prepare the brownie mix according to the directions on the package.
- Fold the toasted marshmallows as well as the remaining 1 cup of marshmallows into the brownie mix.
- Bake for 38 minutes or until a toothpick inserted 2 inches from the side of the pan comes out almost clean.
- Cool the brownies for thirty minutes.
- Spread the frosting over the top.
- Sprinkle the graham cracker crumbs over the top of the frosting.
- Toasting the marshmallows before mixing with the batter gives them a toasty flavor; almost as good as being around the campfire.
- Be sure to line the cookie sheet with foil before broiling the marshmallows, this will save you time when cleaning up.