I wrote about making smashed beans a couple days ago. While we really enjoy them as is, they are also great to use in recipes. And if you make a big batch, you will have enough for a few recipes such as this one for Easy Chicken Tostadas. Well, maybe you will have enough if you don’t devour them first!
People think dinner needs to take hours, but with a little preparing ahead of time, they could have a quick and easy meal on the table in no time. I used these smashed beans for a few recipes during the week. One night after a busy day, I made these quick and easy tostadas for dinner. I used some meaty corn tortillas, smeared beans over the top, seasoned some of the left-over poached chicken and then I topped it with fresh salsa. Quick and easy (and healthy) dinner.
One morning, I warmed some of the beans, put them into a little blue bowl, poached an egg and laid it on top. Pass the warm tortillas! Another day we simply enjoyed a bowl of the smashed beans for lunch. It was perfect.
Thank you for joining us at the Chez Us table; we love having you here.
Have you made this recipe? Please share what recipes you are enjoying from our site with us – we’d love to see them. Use the hashtag #chezuseats on social media channels, then we can pull a chair up to your virtual table and share with our friends.
Easy Chicken Tostadas
- 2 cups shredded poached chicken
- 1 medium green garlic bulb or two cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup smashed beans
- 6 corn tortillas
- fresh salsa
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan over medium heat.
- Add the garlic, stir, and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the chicken and the stock, stir, and gently heat over low heat for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Gently heat the smashed beans in a saucepan.
- Using a griddle or frying pan, heat the tortillas.
- Spread some of the beans on top of each tortilla. Top with some of the shredded chicken and fresh salsa.