This summer has been all about flavorful and easy recipes for the grill. In honor of National Grilling Month, we whipped up one of our favorite recipes using mushrooms. It is this easy to make Asian Mushroom Chicken Patties that are great served in lettuce cups or even on a hearty bun.
This recipe is a favorite for so many reasons, and one of those being we used the Blend Method from the Mushroom Channel and replaced half of the ground chicken with cremini mushrooms. Using this technique makes the patties exceptional moist and juicy. While we tend to make the patties on the outside grill, you can also use a stove-top pan grill if you don’t have access to an outdoor one, making this a great year-round recipe.
The flavors are some of our favorites and are inspired by our love of SE Asian food, which is a great addition to all mushroom recipes. Serving the patties wrapped in lettuce leaves makes this recipe perfect for those counting calories as well. We cannot wait to hear how you enjoy this favorite of ours.
This recipe was developed in partnership with the Mushroom Channel.
Thank you for joining us at the Chez Us table; we love having you here.
Have you made this recipe? Please share what recipes you are enjoying from our site with us – we’d love to see them. Use the hashtag #chezuseats on social media channels, then we can pull a chair up to your virtual table and share with our friends.
Asian Mushroom Chicken Patties
- 1/2 pound ground chicken
- 1/2 pound cremini mushrooms
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, diced
- 1 large clove garlic, finely minced
- 2/3 cup panko
- 1/8 cup cilantro, finely minced
- 2 teaspoons sriracha
- 1 egg
- sprinkle salt and pepper
- 1/2 bunch cilantro leaves
- 1 large cucumber, thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, grated or cut into ribbons
- 1/8 cup fish sauce
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 large garlic, finely minced
- 1 small red chili, thinly sliced
butter or red leaf lettuce
- In a processor or chopper, chop the mushrooms finely.
- Place the mushrooms, ground chicken, yellow onion, garlic, breadcrumbs, cilantro, sriracha, egg and salt, and pepper together in a bowl. Mix well.
- Form the mixture into small patties – will make 12.
- Preheat a stove-top grill pan or an outdoor grill. Lightly coat the grate with a little olive oil.
- Place the patties on the hot grill and cook for about 2 – 3 minutes. The meat will lift up on its own when it is ready to turn over.
- Flip and cook for another 2 – 3 minutes until cooked through.
- Remove from the grill.
- To serve, place a lettuce leaf onto a plate, top with some cucumber, carrots, cilantro and a mushroom chicken pattie.
- Drizzle with some dressing.
I make this earlier in the day and place in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Combine all of the dressing ingredients together in a small jar, place on the lid and shake to combine.
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by the Mushroom Channel. Thank you for supporting the brands we love and believe in, which makes Chez Us possible. All opinions are always 100% our own. To find some other great Mushroom recipes head over to the Mushroom Channel. You can also find them on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.
Cookware was supplied by Le Creuset for the use in video production on Chez Us. We stand behind their fine quality and excellent cookware.