I have been hired to develop and photograph some recipes for Old El Paso, and I am excited to share the first recipe with you. It is for a quick and easy Ole El Paso Breakfast Quesadilla, which is a great way to begin the morning.
One would think that when you work at home, breakfast would not be a tough decision. I have news for you, it is. Even though my office is about 100+ steps away from the kitchen, I still struggle with the first meal of the day. And, I blame it on time. These breakfast quesadillas have solved my dilemma. They are loaded with Old El Paso Traditional Refried Beans, scrambled eggs, cheese and avocado. It is quick to make, and easy to eat on your way out the door or as in my case running up the stairs!
Ole El Paso Breakfast Quesadilla
- 1/2 cup old el paso traditional refried beans
- 1 tablespoon old el paso mild taco seasoning
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter
- 4 small flour tortillas
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 small avocado cut into slices
- 1/2 cup salsa
- Preheat stove top griddle or large frying pan over a low flame.
- Place the refried beans along with the taco seasoning into a small heavy bottomed saucepan. Stir to mix well. Gently heat over low heat.
- In a small frying pan melt 1 teaspoon of the butter. Scramble the eggs until slightly soft, about 30 – 45 seconds. Set aside.
- If you did not buy pre-grated cheese, grate the cheese now.
- Smear 1/8 cup of refried beans on each tortilla.
- Scatter 1/4 cup of cheese on top of the refried beans.
- Divide the scrambled egg onto the cheesy tortilla.
- Top the scrambled egg with slices of the avocado, then top with the other tortilla.
- Melt the other 1 teaspoon of butter on the griddle or in the large frying pan. If, you are using a frying pan, you will have to do this step one guesadilla at a time. Place the filled tortillas on top of the griddle. Cook over medium low heat. Flip after two (2) minutes. Cook the other side for two (2) minutes.
- Remove the breakfast quesdilla from the griddle, let cool for 1 minute.
- Cut each quesadilla into four pieces.
- Serve with salsa and remaining refried beans.