I wanted to spice up things up for our entry into the Scharffen Berger Chocolate Adventure Contest, as well as for a dinner party so I made this Flourless Bittersweet Chocolate Chili Cake with Salted Caramel Gelato. I used my go-to flourless chocolate cake and substituted warm wintery spices with dried chilies, that I ground up in a coffee grinder (I keep one just for spices). To help cool down the spicy chilies I served this cake with a salted caramel gelato. It was a hit with all our guests, even the children!
Thank you for joining us at the Chez Us table; we love having you here.
Have you made this recipe? Please share what recipes you are enjoying from our site with us – we’d love to see them. Use the hashtag #chezuseats on social media channels, then we can pull a chair up to your virtual table and share with our friends.
Flourless Bittersweet Chocolate Chili Cake
- 8 oz. scharffen berger bittersweet chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1 stick of good quality unsalted butter
- 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon ground chilis, depending on the heat you want
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- your favorite salted caramel gelato
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Creme the butter until light and fluffy.
- Add the sugar and mix just to incorporate.
- Add the eggs one at a time until combined.
- Mix in the chocolate and chili.
- Pour into a lightly buttered pan, I like to use a tart pan with a removable bottom.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Let cool for about 10 minutes before removing from pan.