I am just going to say it, brace yourself as it is a bold statement. I make the best turkey gravy – ever. I have been in charge of the gravy during the holidays for as long as I can remember. Over the years the method as evolved from the way my grandmother made it, to using techniques that work best for me. Now my recipe for the Best Turkey Gravy involves a French method called the beurre manié. Are you familiar with it? Don’t fret it is easy and it produces the smoothest and silkiest gravy, ever.
We are working with the American Butter Institute by creating easy how-to videos for their site Go Bold with Butter. We love real butter so the partnership only seemed natural for us. Our first video will guide you through the process of making the Best Turkey Gravy using the beurre manié method – you will be hooked.
You also want to be sure to make a batch of this turkey stock for your gravy!
Thank you for joining us at the Chez Us table; we love having you here.
Have you made this recipe? Please share what recipes you are enjoying from our site with us – we’d love to see them. You can use the hashtag #chezuseats and then we can pull a chair up to your virtual table!
Recipe: Best Turkey Gravy
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 4 cups turkey stock
- Mix together butter with flour to form smooth paste.
- Place turkey stock in large, shallow frying pan or roasting pan from the turkey on stove over medium heat.
- Whisk in the beurre manié until smooth, then switch to wooden spoon and continue stirring until thick.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.