I am excited to share some news with everyone. I will be writing and sharing favorite seasonal recipes for Rodale’s Organic Life. For those of you who may not be familiar with this company, you should be as they are doing great things in the living space. I became a fan instantly when I heard one of my favorite editors James Oseland was leaving Saveur Magazine to start up Rodale’s Organic Life. You can imagine how thrilled I was when one of their editors reached out about working together. Both the print version as well as the online version of Rodale’s are full of great ideas as well as tips for living naturally in an urban world; it is a morning must read over at Chez Us.
My first write-up, along with one of my favorite early fall appetizers for Jimmy Nardello Peppers with Burrata went live over the weekend. I cannot wait to share it with you. We have been enjoying this recipe often the past month as it is great as an appetizer as well as a light vegetarian entree when served with a green salad. Jimmy Nardellos are the perfect fall pepper, and are in an abundance at the markets right now. Have you tried them?
Recipe: Jimmy Nardello Peppers with Burrata
½ pound Jimmy Nardello Peppers, washed and patted dry
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 garlic clove, finely minced
2 tablespoons Italian parsley, finely minced
8 ounces burrata
Maldon sea salt
Toasted baguette slices
1. Slice the peppers in half lengthwise, keeping the seeds.
2. Heat olive oil in a large frying pan over medium-low heat. Add peppers to the frying pan. Cook 6-8 minutes, stirring often, until slightly wilted and blistered. Remove from the heat.
3. Add the garlic and parsley to the peppers, and stir.
4. Drain the burrata, and then lightly pat with a paper towel to remove any moisture.
5. Place the peppers and burrata on a serving platter. Drizzle the cheese with a small amount of the finishing olive oil and sprinkle with some salt.
6. Serve with toasted slices of baguette.