If this recipe for Soba with Roasted Broccoli wasn’t so good, I would think it was a copout for sharing it. Why? It is just so insanely easy, that I feel guilty sharing it.
Last week was called “cleaning out the fridge” at our house as we were gearing up for a trip to Barcelona. When I slide into travel mode, whether it is for a short or long trip, I become obsessive with making meals at home only using what we have. We just happened to have an abundance of broccoli, so I took advantage by making rice bowls as well as noodle bowls such as this recipe. What I really enjoyed about this recipe is how the caramelized stalks of broccoli complimented the nutty soba noodles. The sriracha just happened to be an added bonus.
This recipe is great on its own or as a side salad alongside roasted fish.
Enjoy, and if you want to check out some of our adventures in Barcelona you can follow us on Instagram!
Recipe: Soba with Roasted Broccoli
** serves 2
- roasted broccoli
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon grape seed oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame seed oil
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sriracha
- 1/4 teaspoon grated fresh ginger (I use a microplane to grate)
- soba noodles, enough for two people
- Cook soba noodles according to package directions.
- Put the soy sauce, grape seed oil, sesame seed oil, rice vinegar, sriracha and grated ginger into a small lidded jar. Replace the jar and shake like crazy to mix.
- Drain the noodles, and lightly toss with a small amount of sesame seed oil to prevent sticking.
- Place some noodles into a serving bowl, and top with roasted broccoli.
- Drizzle the dressing over the top.