I can never say that we eat on the go in the morning, as we work from home. Regardless, there are days when I just seem to run out of time, and I need something to toss together quickly for breakfast. These On the Go Breakfast Tacos are perfect for breakfast at the desk, or on the go.
This recipe happens to be another recipe that I developed for Old El Paso using their taco seasoning and the Stand ‘n Stuff Taco Shells. These on the go tacos are loaded with protein as I used chorizo and eggs as the base of my recipe. What makes them even more special is the creamy avocado cream that is drizzled over the top. The avocado cream is made with fresh avocados, the taco seasoning and sour cream to make “creamy” goodness. What I loved about the taco shells is that they are incredibly easy to stuff, as the bottoms are a little wider then a traditional taco shell, which stabilizes them for stuffing. Just seems to make breakfast on the go, even more fun.
Recipe: On the Go Breakfast Tacos
- 1 large chorizo
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 small avocado
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon Old El Paso taco seasoning
- 4 Stand ‘n Stuff Taco Shells
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Cut chorizo into small circles.
- Place chorizo into a frying pan with 1 teaspoon of water, place over medium low heat, and cook for 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Grate one cup of cheese.
- While the chorizo is cooking make the avocado cream by placing the avocado into a small bowl and mashing with a fork. Stir in the sour cream, lime juice and taco seasoning. Set aside.
- Place the taco shells on a cookie sheet and heat for 6 minutes.
- Mix the eggs in a small bowl.
- Remove the chorizo from the frying pan and place on a paper towel. Wipe out the frying pan.
- Melt the butter in the frying pan, and scramble the eggs. Season with salt.
- Divide the scrambled eggs and chorizo between the taco shells. Top with cheese and avocado cream.