Festive Flatbread is a quick and easy recipe that will please the pickiest eaters….
I wanted to share another recipe I recently developed for Old El Paso, it is for a Festive Flatbread. This flatbread is loaded with spicy enchilada sauce, traditional re-fried beans and loads of fresh veggies such as yellow corn, spicy jalapeños, and slivers of red onion. I really liked the play with the spicy enchilada sauce and crispy kernels of corn, very refreshing.
This recipe for festive flatbread would make a great mid-week dinner when you are tired or in a hurry to just relax. It is so easy, and quick to make, I had dinner on the table within 30 minutes. Simply add a crisp salad alongside to make a complete meal.
Recipe: Quick and Easy Festive Flatbread
- 1/2 recipe of pre-made pizza dough
- handful all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup enchilada sauce, mild or hot
- 1 can old el paso traditional refried beans
- 1 small zucchini
- 1/2 cup yellow corn
- 1/8 cup red onion slices, thinly sliced
- 1 small jalapeño, sliced thinly
- 1/8 cup minced cilantro
- 1 small avocado, thinly sliced
- Heat oven to 425.
- Preheat stove top griddle over medium flame.
- Place the refried beans into a small heavy bottomed saucepan. Stir to mix well. Gently heat over low heat until heated though. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Sprinkle a handful of flour on the kitchen counter. Roll pizza dough into a rectangle large enough to fit on the griddle.
- Place the dough on the griddle over medium heat. Cook for 3 minutes, then flip and cook another 3 minutes. Remove from the heat, place on the cookie sheet.
- While the dough is on the griddle prepare your other ingredients.
- Using a vegetable peeler make ribbons out of the zucchini. Thinly slice red onion, jalapeño and avocado. Mince the cilantro.
- Use a spatula to spread the enchilada sauce over the partially cooked pizza dough.
- Top the dough with the refried beans.
- Scatter the zucchini ribbons, corn and red onions over the top of the refried beans.
- Place in the oven. Set the timer for 6 minutes and cook.
- At the end of 6 minutes, do not remove the flatbread from the oven. Instead, scatter the jalapeños over the top of the flatbread.
- Set the timer for another 6 minutes and continue to cook.
- Remove from the oven.
- Sprinkle the cilantro over the top of the flatbread, then top with the avocado slices.
- Cut into serving pieces.