A creamy pungent Gorgonzola sauce lightly coats linguine, prosciutto and spinach in this easy to make Linguine with Gorgonzola, Prosciutto and Spinach recipe.
We just celebrated our anniversary. It has been 7 years since Laudalino and I met. I guess it is true, time flies when you are having fun as well as it stands still when you are with the one that you love. I still remember the first time I saw him; his boyish good looks, dark thick wavy hair, he had blue jeans on with brown shoes (yes, I am a shoe girl) and a brown and cream checked shirt; I instantly thought he was cute but thought, “brown?” He took me to dinner which I normally never did on a first date, I broke all rules of coffee or a drink, only on the first date. I knew, just from conversations and emails, that this would be a different and halfway through dinner, my heart felt the same!
This year for dinner I wanted to recreate the evening where I first cooked for him but creating the same meal. My friend, Evelyn, makes this outstanding linguine dish, that I made 7 years ago. I knew it would be the perfect meal, as I wanted to make something that would be simple and where I would be able to talk to him while cooking. He arrived with flowers and a bottle of wine. I started the evening with some Roquefort cheese, a baguette and a bottle of wine, while I prepared dinner. I remember us talking and laughing and just enjoying each other’s company. When it came time to sit down to eat, I reached around, to grab the remainder of the baguette to have with dinner. I reached and I reached ….. nothing! I could not believe this man had eaten an entire baguette, not even a crumb was left. We still laugh about it and how he can not stop, he has to finish everything, hence one reason you will very rarely find a leftover in our house!
Tonight we started with a nice French wine, Roquefort with truffle honey drizzled over and a baguette, well, half of a baguette. After 7 years I know better and I always hide the other half for dinner!
Thank you for joining us at the Chez Us table; we love having you here.
Have you made this recipe? Please share what recipes you are enjoying from our site with us – we’d love to see them. Use the hashtag #chezuseats on social media channels, then we can pull a chair up to your virtual table and share with our friends.
Linguine with Gorgonzola, Prosciutto & Spinach
- 1lb dried linguine- I used pappardelle pasta
- 1lb fresh spinach
- 1/2 lb thinly sliced prosciutto, cut into 1/2″ pieces
- 2 tablespoons garlic
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano
- 3/4 olive oil
- 1/2 lb crumbled gorgonzola
- kosher salt, to taste
- fresh cracked pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup toasted pine nuts
- Boil linguine, until al dente.
- In a large skillet, cook prosciutto, garlic, basil and oregano in 1/2 cup oil over moderately high heat, stirring until lightly browned, about 3 minutes.
- Drain pasta in a colander.
- Return pasta to pot and toss with remaining 1/4 cup oil, prosciutto mixture, 1/2 of the spinach and gorgonzola.
- Season pasta with salt and pepper.
- Arrange the reserved spinach leaves on 4 plates. Mound pasta on spinach and sprinkle with pine nuts.
- Garnish with basil leaves and parmesan.